Data Security Is a Classroom Worry, Too
Like many privacy-minded parents of elementary students, Tony Porterfield tries to keep close tabs on the personal information collected about his two sons. So when he heard that their school district in Los Altos, Calif., had adopted Edmodo, an online learning network connecting more than 20 million teachers and students around the world, he decided to check out the program. - Read More
Do You Know if Your Child Is Using This Service At School?
IMPORTANT! If you are not of legal age to form a binding contract (in many places, this is 18 years old), then you must get your parent or guardian to read these terms and agree to them for you, before you use Edmodo or provide any information to us. Please review this agreement with your parent or guardian so that you both understand how Edmodo works and what restrictions apply to your use of our websites and services. Remember, always get an adult's permission before going online. - Read More
What Is Considered Legal Age in Colorado?
- Read More
How Does Edmodo Repurpose Data Collected?
- Businesses We Do Not Control: In certain situations, businesses or third party websites we're affiliated with may offer or sell items or provide services to you through the Services (either alone or jointly with us), including Publisher Software. We may, for example, work jointly with other businesses to offer or sell products or provide services, or we may work with third party websites to enhance your online experience. These transactions or services may or may not be commercial in nature.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples include sending email, analyzing data, processing payment, and providing user services. Unless we tell you differently, Edmodo's agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or Children's Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- User Profiles: If your User Category allows it, you may choose to populate your user profile on the Services with Personal Information or Children’s Personal Information, including, without limitation, your name, photograph, and school affiliation. This user profile information will be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services or facilitate interaction with Edmodo.
- Communication About the Services or in Response to User Requests: As part of the Services, you may receive from Edmodo (depending on your User Category) email or other types of communication relating to your use of the Services or your user profile.
- Business Transfers: If Edmodo, or some all of its assets were acquired or otherwise transferred, or in the unlikely event that Edmodo goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information may be transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of Edmodo and Others: We may release Personal Information or Children's Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law (such as to comply with a subpoena); enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Edmodo, our employees, our users, or others. We will try to give you notice if we release information for these reasons, but please understand that we reserve the right not to, as it may not be practical, legal, or safe to do so.